This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing has partnered with a well-established company in the Cary area that is searching for an experienced accounting professional to join their team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting functions throughout the company. This is a long-term contract position that can lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Receives and opens accounting mail and vendor invoices.
- Reconciles General Ledger
- Matches vendor A/P invoices to purchase orders and packing slips, resolving discrepancies as needed, both internally with receiving staff and externally with vendors.
- Posts vendor A/P invoices into QuickBooks.
- Researches and resolves vendor aging statements.
- Prepares W-9 forms and completes vendor credit applications as needed.
- Reviews, codes and posts employee expense reports.
- Completes and files annual 1099/1096 tax reports.
- Calculates, prepares and files monthly NC Sales and Use Tax reports on-line.
- Assists with A/R collections from customers, primarily via e-mail.
- Posts cash receipts into QuickBooks
- For check run cycles, assembles supporting documentation to checks, obtains necessary signatures, mails checks to vendors.
- Reviews monthly corporate card statements and reconciles charges against reported expenses.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience is required
- Prefer QuickBooks experience