This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer to join an established company in the Raleigh area. This position requires extensive technical experience and exercising of judgment in the performance of the position objectives.
- Perform analyses using hand calculations and/or computer aided structural analysis packages.
- Prepares finite element models, interpret FEA results, and incorporate results into technical documents.
- Prepares calculations for steel structures supporting vibrating equipment.
- Prepares and is responsible for all project documents such as drawings, specifications, calculations, etc. while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site conditions.
- Prepares front-end-loading (FEL) studies and material takeoffs for construction cost estimates.
- Direct team members as required to meet project goals.
- Optimize designs to meet the needs of the project and clearly defend and explain approaches to a design team.
- Participate in project meetings as the structural team lead.
- Act as project manager on single discipline projects within their department, and sometimes small multidiscipline projects.
- Serve as the structural primary point of contact for clients for project delivery.
- Coordinate with procurement and construction, as required, during project delivery.
- Act as engineer-of-record for large projects.
- Review of vendor documentation.
- Construction administration tasks such as shop drawing review and RFI responses.
- Ability to work on job sites gathering information or construction observations.
- Communicate with other discipline leads and project manager to insure consistent designs are produced.
- Familiar with mechanical, electrical, I&C, process, and piping groups project approaches and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer license. NCEES record is a plus.
- 11+ years’ of experience designing for heavy industrial facilities.
- Extensive knowledge in technical theory and engineering principles and how to apply them and convey that information to junior staff.
- Extensive knowledge of steel and concrete designs for heavy industrial facilities.
- Familiarity in finite element modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with dynamic analysis, modal analysis, and time history analysis.
- Extensive knowledge with codes and standards for structural engineering as well as familiarity with API, IEEE, and ASME codes.
- Working knowledge with STAAD, AutoCAD, and Revit.
- Experience with fast-track EPC project delivery.
- Able to work with limited project information and formulate assumptions to develop designs.