This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Materials Buyer to join a cutting edge global chemical manufacturer in the Raleigh area. This is a direct hire opportunity with competitive salary and benefit package. This position will have additional responsibilities that include identifying new supply sources where current suppliers are inadequate.
• Issue and maintain purchase orders
• Validate purchase requisitions, focusing on price, supplier performance, and risk
• Review and approve vendor set ups to ensure accuracy of supplier database
• Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned supply chains to assure the best quality at the best value
• Develop new supply sources where suppliers are inadequate
• 3 + years of professional purchasing experience is required.
• Bachelor Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
• Experience in chemicals, packaging, MRO items, logistics, and services is desired.
• Experience analyzing contracts and financial data and developing total cost of ownership models (TCO) is preferred.
• Must be ready and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and display the ability to handle multiple priorities and demonstrate strong problem solving skills.