This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Controller to join a rapidly growing Software Technology Company in the Chapel Hill area. This position will be responsible for leading the accounting, financial reporting, audit, and tax activities. The Controller will implement controls, processes, and procedures to enable the company to meet operational reporting and audit requirements as we scale. The successful candidate will have strong accounting and industry experience in the SaaS space.
- Own and lead the Accounting function, including daily accounting operations, tax, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and general ledger.
- Manage the month-end close process and establish procedures to close the books on a timely and accurate basis; understands and performs the general ledger accounting for SaaS accounting.
- Develop processes and procedures to produce timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement close and reporting.
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and systems to scale Accounting with business growth; lead the creation and maintenance of related documentation
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments (including ASC 606) and recommend appropriate actions including driving process improvement at all levels of the company.
- Ensure financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Assist with the development and creation of metrics for all departments within the company.
- Support compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Manage the annual audit process including coordinating with the auditors to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Liaises with external tax preparers to ensure returns are filed on time and accurately.
- Support CFO in development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization
- Supervises staff accountant
- Experienced Controller with 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting roles
- Must have SaaS industry experience and be proficient with revenue recognition for software companies
- Experience in a private technology or software company preferred
- Experience in both public accounting and startup environments and tenure in a Big 4 accounting firm a plus
- A./B.S. in Accounting required
- CPA Required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting
- Experience with Quickbooks and SaaS Optics