This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Payroll Clerk to join an established company in the Chapel Hill area. This position works closely with the Payroll Manager in handling all Payroll responsibilities including, benefits administration, and assisting with the organizations bi-weekly payroll.
• Perform daily payroll department operations
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Perform reconciliations for unclaimed property payroll checks
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
• Process manual check
• Manually enter files received from HR (All Companies)
• Research and respond to appropriate audience for payroll related issues/ errors
• Process manual & electronic time cards and worksheets to insure accurate and timely running of payroll.
• Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• 1-3 years of payroll processing experience
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations a plus
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
• Working knowledge of Kronos, a plus, but not required.