This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Technical Writer to join an established company in the Raleigh area.
• Research drawings, specifications, CAD models and product samples to create illustrated product overview, installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Bring a uniform tone to all company communications and policies so that there is a consistent voice throughout different types of user documentation including manuals, how-to guides, quick references, customer training, and presentations.
• Write and organize technical information to be translated into multiple languages. Managing technical information to minimize the effort sent to external translation services.
• Continue to learn new skills, technologies, and techniques through in-house training, outside training/coursework, seminars, customer visits, trade shows or appropriate use of the internet. Participate in the training of other members of your team in these skills.
• Provide direction for documentation standards such as style, terminology, content, clarity, and conciseness. Develop InDesign templates with standard table, paragraph, character, graphic, and object styles. Create training materials to support new employee orientation, training and development.
• Review manuals and web pages to ensure accuracy, consistency, and conformity to standards.
• Apply a continuous improvement approach (Lean principals) to all the activities: processes, and technical manuals, manual translation, training materials, and web page development.
• Support new product development for creation of manuals, manual translation, and training materials through the electronic project system. Support continuing product improvements for updating of manuals through the electronic ECO system.
• Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• 1 – 3 year of experience writing technical documents similar to manuals, training presentations, Engineering Forms, and Engineering Instructions.
• Experience with SolidWorks CAD or equivalent is required.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suit is very desirable. An associate’s degree or equivalent in a related field.