This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is working with a global technology client in the Raleigh area that is looking for a staff accountant to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for all A/P functions and as well as assisting with billing activities. The Staff Accountant also performs moderately complex accounting activities including income and balance sheet statements and various other accounting reports.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, processing disbursements, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepares and files sales tax documents with respective states and other outside agencies.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information
- Responsible for assisting in the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year end closings
- Assists with monthly forecasting and the annual budgeting process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent field. (Sufficient experience may be substituted for education.)
- 2-5 years accounting or related experience
- Experience with NetSuite or Great Plains accounting software is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and lead work tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer, spreadsheets (Excel), and word processing skills are a must.