This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join an established company in the Chapel Hill area. This position will be responsible for processing all aspects of a bi-weekly, multi-state payroll and provide timely and accurate data entry. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization.
• Perform daily payroll department operations
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
• Execute eTime time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
• Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
• Process manual check and relocation metric’s
• Load import files received from HR (All Companies)
• Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
• Respond to payroll related issues
• Process manual time cards and worksheets to insure accurate and timely running of payroll.
• Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• 3+ years experience processing multi-state payroll.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
• Working knowledge of Kronos a plus, but not required.
• Strong work ethic and team player.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
• Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.