This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Technical Documentation Supervisor to join an established company in the Raleigh area. This is a direct hire opportunity.
• Lead the Technical Documentation Group, which is responsible for the creation of technical manuals, training materials, web site management, configured manuals, BOMs for configured QC models, engineering presentations, drawing requests and 3D parts stream models.
• Apply a continuous improvement approach (Lean principals) to all the activities, processes, and output under your direction: technical manuals, manual translation, training materials, web page development, drawing requests, 3D part stream, etc.
• Support new product development for creation of manuals, manual translation, training materials, web page development, drawing requests, and 3D parts stream models through the electronic project system.
• Continue to learn new skills, technologies, and techniques through in-house training, outside training/coursework, seminars, trade shows or appropriate use of the internet. Participate in the training of other members of your team in these skills.
• Supervise the entire group in accordance with organizational policies and goals. Coordinate activities of your direct reports, analyzing workflow, evaluating priorities, and determining resource needs.
• Research drawings, specifications, CAD models and product samples to create illustrated product overview, installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Bring a uniform tone to all company communications and policies so that there is a consistent voice throughout different types of user documentation including manuals, how-to guides, quick references, customer training, and presentations.
• Write and organize technical information to be translated into multiple languages.
• Provide direction for documentation standards such as style, terminology, content, clarity, and conciseness.
• Review manual and web pages to ensure accuracy, consistency, and conformity to standards.
• Provide support and assistance to coworkers as appropriate to enhance the performance and success of the engineering department and the company as a whole.
• 3 or more years of experience in managing a technical writing department.
• 10 or more years of experience writing technical documents similar to manuals, training presentations, Engineering Forms, and Engineering Instructions.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suit or equivalent is required. Foreign language proficiency is desirable.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field.