1/28/15 – Histology Technician
Accentuate Staffing is currently seeking a Histology Technician to join our client in the Chapel Hill area. This exciting position requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing and competing priorities.
- Responsible for maintaining various equipment, including embedding centers, microtomes, H&E stainers, and tissue processors by performing daily preventative maintenance.
- Must record temperatures, reagent usage, etc. on appropriate logs according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Remove processed tissues from the tissue processor and appropriately paraffin embed.
- Prepare diagnostic tissue slides by appropriately sectioning tissues using microtomy technique; perform H&E staining, coverslipping, etc.
- A college degree is preferred with appropriate experience to sit for the ASCP HT/HTL registry. Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, or a Biological Science with 1 year experience as a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician; or a combination of education and experience.
- Applicant must have experience with handling specimens including specimen accessioning, tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, coverslipping, and special stains.
- Basic computer skills are necessary and familiarization with LIS systems is a plus.
- Experience utilizing personal computers and laboratory information, patient registration, and reporting software required.