Quote of the week:
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
~ Mark Twain
10/10/14 – Benefits and Payroll Specialist
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Benefits and Payroll Specialist to join a well-established, global organization in the Chapel Hill area. This is an exciting, newly-created position with excellent opportunities for the right person.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of all benefits-related aspects which includes Health Insurance, FSA, 401K, Disability & Life Insurance, COBRA, etc.
- Maintain and ensure accurate benefits information in HRIS System
401K compliance — Form 5500 filings, ERISA, distribution of SAR’s, Fiduciary Committee meeting activities, etc.
- Fulfill employment and income verification inquiries as necessary
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll ensuring all changes and updates are entered correctly for 100+ employee company.
- Maintain accurate employee data, which includes new hire entry/onboarding, background checks, payroll/personnel changes, direct deposit, separation, benefit enrollments/contributions, wage garnishments, paid time off, etc.
- Process unemployment claims
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 2 years payroll and benefits administration experience
- Familiarity with relevant federal and NC state laws (i.e. FMLA, COBRA, ACA)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and HR Information/Payroll Systems
- International experience is preferred