Accounting and Finance Jobs
3/31/15 – Staff Accountant
Accentuate Staffing has partnered with a well-established company in the Cary area that is searching for an experienced accounting professional to join their team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting functions throughout the company. This is a long-term contract position that can lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Receives and opens accounting mail and vendor invoices.
- Reconciles General Ledger
- Matches vendor A/P invoices to purchase orders and packing slips, resolving discrepancies as needed, both internally with receiving staff and externally with vendors.
- Posts vendor A/P invoices into QuickBooks.
- Researches and resolves vendor aging statements.
- Prepares W-9 forms and completes vendor credit applications as needed.
- Reviews, codes and posts employee expense reports.
- Completes and files annual 1099/1096 tax reports.
- Calculates, prepares and files monthly NC Sales and Use Tax reports on-line.
- Assists with A/R collections from customers, primarily via e-mail.
- Posts cash receipts into QuickBooks
- For check run cycles, assembles supporting documentation to checks, obtains necessary signatures, mails checks to vendors.
- Reviews monthly corporate card statements and reconciles charges against reported expenses.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience is required
- Prefer QuickBooks experience