Quote of the week:
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
~ Mark Twain
Accounting and Finance Jobs
2/19/15 – Staff Accountant
Accentuate Staffing is working with a global technology client in the Raleigh area that is looking for a staff accountant to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for all A/P functions and as well as assisting with billing activities. The Staff Accountant also performs moderately complex accounting activities including income and balance sheet statements and various other accounting reports.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, processing disbursements, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepares and files sales tax documents with respective states and other outside agencies.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information
- Responsible for assisting in the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year end closings
- Assists with monthly forecasting and the annual budgeting process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent field. (Sufficient experience may be substituted for education.)
- 2-5 years accounting or related experience
- Experience with NetSuite or Great Plains accounting software is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and lead work tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer, spreadsheets (Excel), and word processing skills are a must.