Accounting and Finance Jobs
12/8/14 – Accounting Specialist
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting an Accounting Specialist to join our client in the Cary area. This position will have the general responsibility for providing accounting and clerical support to Finance Department personnel, matching, batching, coding of vendor invoices, and customer collection efforts.
- Manage accounts payable through entire accounting cycle, including approval process, data entry, and payment of payables.
- Ensure expense report submissions and reimbursements are made in compliance with policies.
- Manage the collection efforts for accounts receivable. Prepare weekly collection report and cash forecast.
- Apply customer payments. Research and solve payment discrepancies. Process credit card payments and credits.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Performs moderately complex account analysis and reconciliation, including inventory reconciliations as well as outside vendor inventory schedules as needed.
- Ensures financial records are documented and maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable/collections
- Strong Excel skills required
- QuickBooks experienced preferred